What toys should every toddler have?
If you’re like most parents, you want to give your toddler the best of everything. When it comes to toys, though, it can be tough to know which ones are worth your money.
After all, toddlers are notoriously fickle creatures, and what they’re into one day they may completely lose interest in the next.
To help you make the best possible choices for your tot, we’ve rounded up five of the best toys for toddlers. These toys are not only durable and long-lasting but also educational and FUN!
So whether you’re looking for a birthday present or just a new toy to add to your toddler’s collection, be sure to check out our list.
1. Balls – You can’t go wrong with a classic toy like balls. They come in all sorts of colors and sizes, and they’re perfect for both indoor and outdoor play. Bonus: Most balls are also relatively inexpensive, so you can get a lot of bang for your buck.
2. Wooden blocks – Another great option for toddlers are wooden blocks. They help with hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, and they can be used to build all sorts of different structures. Plus, they’re generally very affordable as well.
3. Dolls – Dolls are fantastic toys for all children, but they’re especially beneficial for little girls. They promote imagination and creativity while also teaching empathy and compassion. And just like blocks, dolls come in a variety of different styles to suit every child’s unique interests.
4. Toy cars – Boys and girls alike will love playing with toy cars. They’re perfect for pretend play and can help kids learn about things like cause and effect. And since there are so many different types of cars on the market, you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for your toddler’s interests and budget.
5. Baby dolls – Another great option for toddlers are baby dolls. Just like regular dolls, baby dolls promote imagination and creativity while also teaching empathy and compassion. But they’re also great for teaching basic caretaking skills like feeding and diapering. Plus, most kids absolutely adore them!
What kinds of toys should you avoid using with toddlers?
As a parent, you want to give your child every opportunity to thrive and grow. That includes providing them with plenty of stimulating toys to play with.
However, it’s important to be choosy about the kinds of toys you give to your toddler.
Some toys can be harmful to their development. Here are a few types of toys you should avoid using with toddlers:
Toys that are made from cheap materials
Toys that are made from cheap materials are likely to break easily and can pose a choking hazard for young children.
Look for toys that are made from high-quality, durable materials.
This will save you money in the long run as well as keep your toddler safe.
Toys with sharp edges or small parts
Toddlers are notoriously clumsy and like to put everything in their mouths. Avoid giving them toys with sharp edges or small parts that could easily become dislodged and pose a choking hazard.
Instead, choose toys that have smooth edges and are large enough that they can’t be swallowed.
It’s no secret that electronic devices are becoming more and more commonplace in young children’s lives.
While there’s nothing wrong with letting your toddler play with your phone or tablet from time to time, too much screen time can be detrimental to their development.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, children under the age of two should not have any screen time at all. For older toddlers, limit their screen time to one hour per day.
Choosing the right toy for your toddler can be tough but hopefully, this list has made the decision a little easier!
Balls, wooden blocks, dolls, toy cars, and baby dolls are all great options for toddlers.
They help with hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, promote imagination and creativity, and teach empathy and compassion. Plus, they’re all relatively inexpensive so you can get a lot of bang for your buck.”