Slides can be a great way for kids to learn essential skills like movement and balance along with lots of exercise fun and fresh air, but at what age can children go on slides?
What age can kids go on slides?
Toddlers can typically start to use a small suitable slide between the ages of 18 and 24 months old, with an adult’s guidance the child will soon learn to climb and slide by themselves but always remember to supervise your child but also enjoy the fun!
Once your child has mastered the skills needed, they will be ready to hit the park or playground to use the bigger slides at 2 years.
Are slides safe for toddlers?
Slides are generally safe, but a few simple precautions should be taken to help keep kids playing safely:
- Never let your child climb up the slide. They should always climb up the steps using the handrail.
- Encourage your child to slide down sitting up and feet first, not head first or on their back.
- Only one child should be on the slide at any one time, don’t allow more than one child to avoid accidents.
- Place the slide on a soft surface for a safe landing and ensure the area around the slide is clear.
Game Time Sports Climber
- This Kid’s sport-themed activity set has it all, designed for tons of fun physical play with a bonus in gross motor skill development. Great for social play, this climber is ideal for playdates with multiple kids to play together!
- Shoot some hoops and play a round of soccer, and get active with the slide in between. The clickable knobs under the basketball hoop are a convenient way to keep score for your team
Little Tikes Baby Bum Bus
- LITTLE BABY BUM INSPIRED – From Little Baby Bum, the wildly popular preschool learning video series comes the wheels on the bus climb slide activity center. This awesome playground is complete with a climber and baby slide.
- MUSICAL PLAY SET – Buster’s steering wheel plays “wheels on the bus,” and makes sounds when you honk the horn. This interactive playhouse with slide will offer hours of fun!
Little Tikes Junior Play Slide
- Wide steps and base are designed for stability.
- No tools are required to set up or store
- Promotes fitness, balance, and coordination.
Long Toddler Slide Set
- 4-in-1 Fun Slide: Our kid’s slide toy with attractive cartoon cute dinosaur shape and a combination of climbing, sliding, ring toss game, and fun basketball game make an attractive amusement park indoors and outdoors which is a freestanding slide for kids to enjoy their playtime.
Pop2Play Kids Slide
- BRING THE PLAYGROUND HOME. Don’t let the weather dictate when your kids can go to the park to run around. Rain or shine, this indoor slide is ready to deliver hours of fun at the snap of a finger!
- POP UP THE FUN! Instantly turn any room into a play area! Lightweight and portable, take this toddler slide with you wherever you go and keep your young ones entertained for hours. Who said playing indoors is boring?!